- Gage Gubrud
- Eastern Washington University
What is your name?
- Gage Gubrud.
Where do you play College Football?
- Eastern Washington University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- Height: 6’2″ Weight: 208lbs
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I was a three sport athlete my whole life. I played football, basketball, and baseball. 1st team all league in all three.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Nick DeLuca from North Dakota State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to a variety of things. Mostly rap. It doesn’t matter the artist
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No I don’t have any.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my Dad. He’s always been my biggest supporter and has showed me the way. He is the main reason I am here.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class is International Business Management. It is very fascinating learning about different cultures and how they do business. My least favorite class is Stats.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- All the new people I have met. I have been privileged to meet all the people here in Cheney.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I never really had a favorite NFL team growing up. My favorite player was Eddie George from the Tennessee Titians. There was no particular reason, I just loved watching him a young age.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be in Forrest Gump, and I would play the character Forrest Gump. That is my favorite movie of all time because of the life lessons it can teach if you pay attention to the movie.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Hart, Jon Gruden.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. The courage that man had to stand up and start a change in the world is incredible. I would be honored to be in his presence.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Superman. He can do everything including fly, and cant be killed. Unless he’s hit with kryptonite.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Relentless effort, and the constant will to make yourself better everyday.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- No matter how much good you do as a person and in the community, One mistake can discredit it all in the eyes of the community.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Hard work now will pay off in the future. Don’t neglect the weight room! All the hard work WILL pay off if you are persistent.
What is the best part of your hometown, McMinnville, OR?
- It is close to everything. You’re an hour away from the beach, and an hour away from a big city (Portland). There is also a ton of outdoor activities to do just outside of McMinnville, and I love the outdoors.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I love The Office. I have seen every episode roughly four times.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Go golfing. I’m not very good but I am getting better.
You are a Management major, what made you choose that subject?
- My Grandpa and Uncle both started their own business and were very successful. I want to do the same thing.
Did it take you some time to get adjusted to the red turf at Roos Field?
- Maybe a week. Now green turf seems a little weird to me.
If you could throw a TD to any NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Cooper Kupp (EWU WR 2013-2016, LA Rams WR 3rd Round-Pick 69). It would be cool to do it in college and the NFL.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete at EWU?
- Beating Washington State in 2016. The feeling after that game was one of the best times of life. Being the first start of my career it was surreal.
You have put up some ridiculous passing numbers the last two seasons at EWU (8,502 YDs; 74 TDs). What are the 2018 goals for both the team & yourself?
- The team goals are to go undefeated with a Big Sky and National Championship. My personal goals are to make sure I am making my teammates and myself better everyday. Also putting my team in the best position to have success and achieve our goals. I also set a goal to beat my 2016 season on the stat line.
If you could give the 32 NFL teams three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Gage Gubrud, what would they be?
- Relentless. Intelligent. Loving.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kyle Korver Signs a One-Year Deal With the Bucks ift.tt/2YogwjP
about 35 mins ago via IFTTT
- Shaq Stole the Show at Tomorrowland Music Festival in Belgium ift.tt/2xWuZnZ
about 55 mins ago via IFTTT
- Marshall Faulk Explores Becoming an Agent After Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Forced Him Off Air ift.tt/2xWCSd8
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- Madison Bumgarner Doesn’t Give a “Sh*t” about Trade Rumors ift.tt/2M48FkO
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Boxer Knocked Head First Out of the Ring in Heavyweight Bout ift.tt/2xWiXv3
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT