What is your name?
Shaquille “Shaq” Powell
What is your Height/Weight?
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
Alabama State University
Where are you from?
Who is your role model, and why?
A huge role model for me is my mom. She is a very strong woman and she keeps me focused and humbled.
Who was your favorite teacher?
My favorite teacher from school was my music teacher Mrs. Renee Pullen. She also taught me how to swim too.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Growing up I played basketball, baseball, and I did track & field.
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
The toughest player I ever faced was Devante Kincade from Grambling State.
Who is the most underrated player on your team?
What is the one song that would fire you up before the biggest game of your life?
March Madness by Future
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Shaq Mason, he’s a very dominant, physical and athletic offensive lineman like myself. He’s also one of the top guards in the NFL.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
The biggest obstacle in my life that I had to overcome was going from being a top recruit in high-school to being nothing at all and having to take the junior college route and get it out the mud. I never thought I would make it out to be where I’m at now. It was a long painful journey to get where I’m at now but despite it all, I’m still blessed and thankful to be here today.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
I have to get my ankles and wrist taped before every game. I also like to kneel down after I run throughout the tunnel and say a prayer to the man upstairs as he watches over me while I play.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
The most memorable play from my collegiate career was when was playing Alabama A&M for the Magic City classic in 2016 and I blocked down on the noseguard and pancaked him as my running back ran behind me for a touchdown to open the game.
What is the coolest thing you ever did off the field for someone else?
The coolest thing I did for someone else was giving a kid my gloves and headband after my spring game last year. The kid was super excited to receive my apparel. That’s a moment I’ll never forget.
Who was your favorite NFL team growing up?
My favorite NFL team growing up was the Falcons, mainly because of Michael Vick. He was the truth!
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
If I could have dinner with 3 people I would have dinner with my best friend Demontay Lee who passed away my freshman year of college, My close friend BJ who was just murdered about 2 months ago, and the late Bernie Mac.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2020-21 BUCK BUCHANAN AWARD FINALISTS | Best Defensive Player at the FCS Level nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/buck-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:Trevor Lawrence’s faith in Jesus Christ is more important than football and it should be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Former USC Trojan offensive lineman Chris Brown has died at the age of 24 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/usc-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Faoliu, DL, University of Oregon nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago