- Quenton Meeks
- Stanford University
What is your name?
- Quenton Meeks.
Where did you play College Football?
- Stanford University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’1” 209lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes. I started playing Baseball when I was 4 years old. I played baseball much more than I played football growing up. I was able to develop great hand-eye coordination, great ball tracking skills, and learned how to be cool under pressure.
Who is the toughest player you competed against in College?
- Chad Hansen (University of California Berkley 2015-2016; New York Jets 4th Round 2017). He was the best receiver I went against because he was a great route runner. He was an aggressive jump ball receiver and gave Cal many explosive plays. He had a great competitive attitude and he never slowed down as the game went on as most receivers do.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I love to listen to music before games. It puts me in my zone. I usually like to stay somewhat calm throughout the day and listen to R&B along with a little bit of hip-hop. Once we start going to the stadium, that’s my time to slowly start getting hyped and more energy. So I listen to a lot of Rap. Then once we are about to go out on the field, I like to listen to soundtracks of Ocean Waves just to visualize and get into game mode. Then I am ready to take the field!
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I am not a superstitious person.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role models are both of my parents. They always made sure I was taken care of. They have both battled through tough things in life and have overcome. I have great examples of excellent people to be like.
While in College, what was your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was Introduction to Sociology. Once I took the class, I fell in love with the major and decided that is what I wanted my education to be. It is a major that I could learn about anything I chose to focus on and I chose business to be my focus. It has been great. My least favorite class was Data Analysis.
Outside of Football, what was your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience in college was going to various music festivals with my friends. I love music. I grew a liking to different genres of music and I appreciate different styles now.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team growing up was always whatever team my dad coached for. He coached for over 25 years and he coached for six different teams while I have been alive. The team I rooted for the most growing up was the Indianapolis Colts. My dad was defensive coordinator there for seven and helped them win a Super Bowl. My favorite player was Bob Sanders. I loved the presence he brought the defense whenever he was on the field and he made a huge impact.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what
character would you play?
- I would play in Black Panther and I would be T’Challa. He is the King of Wakanda. He got challenged for this throne twice and overcame both situations. I feel like being King of a powerful nation with super powers fits me perfectly!
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are
- Barack Obama, King Solomon, and LeBron James.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr. I would just want to learn from him. He is a leader of many people and I gave up is life for his people. Can’t help but admire that no matter what race or religion you are.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Black Panther. It is cool to finally have a super hero that actually looks like me, being black. Not only that, but whenever he put the suit on, he is basically invincible and there can be special things added to the suit for more tools.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is doing everything that needs to be done to accomplish what you say you are going to do.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College.
- It’s important to live in the moment and not get caught up in looking too far ahead in life. When you are always looking towards the next event, life tends to pass you by and you can miss important things
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1)
wish right now?
- 3 wishes over 5 years. It’s all about making the long-term investment.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High
- I wish I could go back and tell myself to enjoy the moment more. I was always in a rush to get to the next step in life that I really missed out on some things that I could’ve enjoyed if I just let life come to me.