NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: James Graves II, LB, University of Central Arkansas
- James Graves
- University of Central Arkansas
What is your name?
- James Graves II.
Where did you play College Football?
- The University of Central Arkansas.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 235lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played basketball & baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- I wouldn’t say it was just one player but the toughest team I ever played against was East Marion in high school.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Kevin Gates, YFN Lucci or NBA Youngboy.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Have to do leg swings to get my hips feeling right by the field goal post during warm-ups.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model would be my parents. They worked hard for everything they got & to make my life growing up comfortable.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I would say my favorite class was Algebra because I love math & least favorite was English Comp. I hated writing papers.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- I probably would say going to South Padre with my teammates for Spring Break.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The New Orleans Saints have always been my favorite team. Growing up, kind of a home team to me. My favorite NFL player was Ray Lewis because I love the passion he played with & how relentless he was on the field. The best inside linebacker to play the game in my opinion.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Paid in Full, I would play Ace. Just one of my favorite movies.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- I would have dinner with Kevin Gates, Bill Gates & Carmelo Anthony.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali. Because he is considered one of the greatest boxers of all-time & he also was an activist. He stood for something & he had great morals & principles!
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Batman because he really doesn’t have superpowers but he uses his intelligence, technology & ability to fight & be able to beat his enemies. The fact that he doesn’t really have a superpower but he is still considered a superhero is what makes him my favorite.
What is your definition of hard work?
- I am the definition of hard work. If you look at my accolades & what I have accomplished throughout my life, not just football you can see that I was hard worker. I showed a great deal of effort & endurance to accomplish those things!
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned not to procrastinate at all.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To do more speed training early & do more camps & combines as early as possible.
Why do you wear #10?
- When I played at MS Gulf Coast, Coach asked me if I wanted to wear #10. I thought it was cool number for a Linebacker & have been wearing it ever since.
What is the best part of your hometown, Bassfield, MS?
- The best part about Bassfield is football. We became a dynasty & won two state championships while I was there & they have won it ever since I graduated!
What have you enjoyed most about this pre-draft process?
- I enjoyed the bowl games I played in (FCS Bowl & Tropical Bowl) & also the Pro Day training! Love the process of getting better!
Are you binge-watching anything right now?
- Not watching anything right now but waiting for a new season of Power to come out.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Shoot Basketball.
What are three words that would let NFL teams know who they are getting in James Graves?
- Accountable, Intelligent & Consistent.