The 2017 season, seemed to be doomed from the start, for the Miami Dolphins. An injury to there quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, set the tone, in what would be another letdown year. Good news is, the Dolphins, seem to have a nice young core of players, on their roster. Depending on how he bounces back (and how you view him), there franchise under center, and an underrated defense, to help move things along. As the season progressed, there were obvious holes that needed to be filled, ones that would plague the team, and basically, ruin the season.
Although, they have a pretty hefty list of things to do, like, what to do with WR Jarvis Landry? What pieces do we add to the defense? and is Ryan Tannehill, our guy? they are in luck. With the 2018 NFL draft, right around the corner, the front office is in prime position to add to their talented team. While also, getting there biggest questions figured out. With that in mind, here are three prospects, to get you started, and give you an idea of the players who could interest Miami.
1) OG Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame)- The word in the scouting community, is the Nelson, will be a top 5 pick. The Dolphins draft eleventh, this year. the math doesn’t add up, but it would behoove the front office to make it all work. The 6’4 325 LB, a monster of a man, would be a huge get, for a team in need of o-line help. Quick-footed and thick-based Nelson is the real deal. Hands down the best offensive linemen in this years draft, he has all the tools, to be a ten-year all-pro. With good reach, he is capable of keeping defensive linemen off of his body. He also possesses the pure strength to road grade in the run game. He is athletic enough to get to the second level while blocking and has the raw speed to pull into traffic. No matter who the front office decides on as there signal caller, they will need to protect him. With there bookend’s figured out, Nelson could be the piece that pushes them to become one of the best lines in the league.
2) LB Matthew Thomas (Florida State)- Another need that should be addressed, is the middle of the defense. Particularly linebacker. The Florida State, product (Thomas) is a legit player. Although, the lack of media attention, he deserves to be talked about as one of the top LB ‘s this draft. Built solid, at just a shade under 6’4 230 LB, Thomas has the body type to play inside and outside. He has a pure speed, to chase down runners from behind, and the ability to play in coverage. Making it so, he can play on all three downs. Capable of diagnosing plays, reading and reacting quickly, Thomas served as a real leader on the Seminoles defense. If and when last years draftee, LB Raekwon McMillan, can return healthy, the team would be housing a trio of difference makers (Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan, Matthew Thomas).
3) TE Mike Gesicki (Penn State)- The Dolphins were in the market to draft a TE, last year but instead opted to go with a couple of veterans in Julius Thomas, and Anthony Fasano. Fast forward to 2018, and the team is right back where it started, in need of a talented prospect. Enter Gesicki, the 6’6 252 LB, Nittany-Lion, has the skill set, too be the next big name tight-end in the league. He has good speed, too create separation from coverage, and the size to be a red zone threat. Talking to a scout at the draft, he compared Gesicki to Philadelphia Eagles, playmaker Zach Ertz, as in their talent potential, and need to work on his blocking. Luckily his issues are all coachable, and the possibility of him becoming a pro-bowl type of talent sooner than later is a real thing. Adding Gesicki would give the Dolphin offense another pure weapon, for opposing defenses to worry about.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:49ers announced a black-out after they screwed Colin Kaepernick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/colin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gM9sJLU6wx
about 40 mins ago
- Dontae Keys, OL, North Carolina A&T University | 2021 NFL Draft Official Highlights youtu.be/ay33MhpK-80
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Alize Ward, S, Stephen F. Austin University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/alize-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/23oQ03IAnj
about 2 hours ago
- NCAA player granted a waiver to return to college after signing an NFL agent nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/waiver/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dontae Keys, OT, North Carolina A&T nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/dontae… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z94A19fEp9
about 3 hours ago