- David Wells
- San Diego State University
What is your name?
- David Wells.
Where did you play College Football?
- San Diego State University.
What position do you play?
- Tight End
What is your height/weight?
- 6’6” 256lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Football, Basketball, Baseball. I played Forward in Basketball & Pitcher & First Base in Baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Peter Kalambayi (OLB Stanford).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Sometimes I do listen to music, sometimes just focus. I listen to all sorts of different music. From hip-hop to Country to Limp Bizkit.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I am a very superstitious person. I have a very regimented schedule. I always drink a gallon of water & a full Pedialyte. I always have the same songs in the same order on my playlist. I like to be one of the first people off the bus & be taped up. I lay all my gear out in a specific order. Then it is time to warmup on the field, head back to the locker & wait to come back out.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Dad. We had some hard times, especially after my Mother passed in 2003. Watching how he led our family was an inspiration. I talk to him every single day.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I really enjoyed every single class from the Homeland Security program (just completed Master’s Degree Program). Least favorite was a math class that I cannot even remember the name of; I wanted to forget it that badly.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Getting my dog. I have a German Shepard, his name is Koda.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up in the Bay Area, my family were big 49er & Raider fans. I started out as a QB in high school, so I really followed players like Tom Brady & Peyton Manning. When I made the switch to TE, I watched a lot of film from Jason Witten. I try to mirror my game after the way he plays.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I am a big comic-book fan. Anything & any character from the Marvel or DC franchises.
If you could have dinner with three (3) people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Joe Montana, Jason Witten, Don Shula. Would pick their brains, some of the greatest men to be involved in the game of football.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Ronald Reagan. He seemed to be a very interesting person. Known to be one of the best Presidents we have had. Also, Albert Einstein. Being able to grasp how his mind worked would be amazing.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I like them all, honestly.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Being able to give 100% when others are not watching. It is easy to turn up the intensity when people are watching, but putting in the work when others are not is something I take pride in.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Our team at San Diego State was built around toughness. I always wanted to make sure to instill that quality in myself.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now? What wish or wishes would you choose?
- Three wishes over five years. You have to look at the big picture in things. You never know what life will throw at you.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Keep doing what you are doing.
Why do you wear #88?
- I was given #88 when I got to the program. Gavin Escobar wore it before me & I wanted to make sure I played well with it. Growing up I wore #14, because my family loved Pete Rose.
You are working on a Master’s degree in Homeland Security, what made you pursue that?
- I have a lot of family in law enforcement.
What is the best part of your hometown, Clovis, CA?
- Definitely just my family.
You share a birthday with a few famous people: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, David Beckham, Paul George, Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) & Big Boss Man (2016 WWE HOF) to name a few. You can pick two of those people to sit next to on a 5-hour flight. Who are they & why?
- The Rock & David Beckham. The Rock is a very intellectual person; he is hilarious & seems like a great person. David Beckham is one of the most famous soccer players of all time, so you cannot go wrong there.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Chris Paul Responds to News that His Relationship with James Hard is Unsalvageable bit.ly/2WMLtch
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT
- Incredible twitter.com/junnaitoh/stat…
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Lenny Dykstra Went Dumpster Diving for His Lost Teeth bit.ly/2ZvznWN
about 3 hours ago via IFTTT
- NFL Transactions for June 17, 2019 - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Trevante Coleman, RB, Grandview University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/trevan…
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone