NFL Draft: 3 Prospects the Seattle Seahawks should keep a close eye on.
It is no secret, that the front office, coaches, players and fans alike, up there in the great northwest, were witnessed to one giant let down this season. In the emerald city, they have become accustomed to success, and anything less than a championship, just doesn’t cut it. The problem was, there was no real target to hit, when studying what went wrong. Most will blame the offensive line (With good reason), others will say the lack of a run game. And even though it is blasphemy to say, some will blame the Seattle defense, and the legion of boom.
No matter, what your thoughts are on what went wrong, the bottom line is this. The Once dominant ‘Hawks, were a shell of itself in 2017. Good news is, they house one of the best rosters in the NFL. Lead by All-Pro ,QB Russell Wilson, a solid receiving core, and legit stars on the defensive side of the ball. When looking at the depth chart, there are real needs that should be addressed, on both sides.
So, with that said, we decided to look at a few prospects, in this years up-coming draft. That could interest, and help the Seattle Sea hawks, get back to their dominant ways.
- OT Orlando Brown (Oklahoma)- One of the biggest and most obvious needs, is in the offensive trenches. Almost the biggest theme, going into the last few off seasons, has been, “When are the Hawks going to address there front line?” Enter, Orlando Brown, the 6’8 335 LB ,Monster, has been a joy to watch the last few seasons. Blessed with quick feet, surprising athleticism, and a grit about him, that NFL scouts across the league, all rave about. The unanimous first team All-American, has a punch that would stun, even the best of college footballs pass-rushers. Considered the 19th best player, in all of this years draft, the two year starter, would be an immediate upgrade, and would create a stability the team has lacked over the last few seasons. Needless to say, combined with Pro-Bowler tackle Duane Brown, there is the potential the Hawks could have one of the best bookend groups.
- CB Joshua Jackson (Iowa)- Much of the 2017 off-season, and well into the start of the regular year. The Richard Sherman, trade speculation made headlines daily. Fast forward to now and although he is still on the roster, it would behoove the front office to plan for there near future. Coach (Pete) Carroll, has a type when it comes to his guys on the island. Long, tough and nasty, three words that describe the young play maker, (Joshua) Jackson. With great size (6’1 198 LB’) , Jackson has the ability to play both inside and outside. He possess the quick feet and loose hips, to stay with the quicker receivers. And the strength to go toe to toe with the bigger, stronger, body types. What stands out most, is Jackson’s play making ability. With 8 interceptions in the 2017 season, added to his willingness to stick his nose in the run game (42 tackles) , Jackson seems like the perfect fit for the “Legion of boom”.
- RB Rashaad Penny (San Diego State University)- In addition to the Hawks’ offense, needing an insertion of talent up front. A legit work horse would go a long way, in helping quarterback Russell Wilson, by taking pressure off of his legs and softening up opposing defenses. To say that it has been a revolving door, ever since the retirement (and then trading) of Marshawn Lynch ,would be an understatement. While there have been signs of talent, selecting Penny would go a long way, in creating a run offense to scare defensive coordinators. The 5’11 220 LB, monster has been a highlight reel in his short college career. As a back-up Penny rushed for over a thousand yards. Impressive enough, but when giving the chance to start, he did not let scouts down. The California native, was first among all division one FBS players, rushing for 2,248 yards, and 23 whopping TD’s. Needless to say, the Seattle Seahawks, would be wise to keep an eye on a talent like Penny. With the addition of a talent like his, the Hawks could potentially have one of the better run games, for years to come.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- That is our guy @danielkellybook he is opinionated but damn he is good twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago