NFL Draft: 3 Prospects the Arizona Cardinals should keep an eye on.
When the 2017 NFL season kicked off. The hopes in Arizona were higher than ever and for good reason. Coming off a solid 2016 season, stacked with talent on both sides of the ball. Fast forward to week 17 this year (more like week 9), and like most teams, there dreams had been crushed. Injuries plagued both sides of the ball, leading to a sputtering offense, and a defense that was a shell of its former self. Well, that was the bad news, the good news is, there is always next year. That along with the homegrown talent coming back to the team, and you can see the cause for excitement. With that said, we scoured the list of NFL draft prospects, that could help the Cardinals get back to NFC West dominance.
- QB Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)– One of the biggest reasons the Cardinals season, went off the tracks, Carson Palmer, being injured. It doesn’t get any better either, seeing that the franchise (Arizona Cardinals), no longer have a franchise (quarterback). Enter Baker, the 6’0 220 lb playmaker has everything it takes to be a legit star in the NFL. The last few seasons, the front office has sat back and watched as Seattle’s, Russell Wilson, has dashed the hopes and dreams of NFC West fans alike. Mayfield has been compared to Wilson, and rightfully so. Blessed with the skills to take over a game, both through the air or on the ground. He possesses the arm talent to make all the throws, take off and run, and the personality to lead men. Finding a gem like Baker could go a long way, in helping put the Cardinals back on top.
- OT Connor Williams (Texas)- Another issue that derailed the Cards’ season, was there offensive line. Struggling to get a run game going, they were forced to throw the ball, which in turn, saw an uptick in pressure on there QB’s. At 6’6 320 Lbs, Connor Williams would be a dominant answer, to a troubling question. Built like a house, Williams has the athleticism to get out in front of a runner. Also the quick first step to a stone wall, defensive lineman. With a strong punch at the point of contact, he has the potential to be an all-pro tackle (Right and left), for years to come.
- WR James Washington (Oklahoma State)– Arizona has been blessed with all-pro, Larry Fitzgerald, for the past decade. Although he is still playing at a high level, it may be time to look elsewhere, for his future replacement. That’s where James Washington, comes in. At 6’0 210 lbs, Washington, is a true gamer. Able to play both inside and outside, he has the strong hands to bring down contested throws, and the speed to separate at the top of routes. Not only is he built to be a true number one, wideout. He has the locker room presence, as a team-first guy. The addition of Washington, would both add a depth of talent to a needy WR core, and fill a future need. Washington is a good player, but imagine what he could become, under the tutelage of a Hall-of-Famer (Fitzgerald).
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Interesting Small Schoolers represent!!! twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 2 hours ago