Gareon Conley, the Oakland Raiders’ first-round draft pick who is accused of sexual assault, will not face discipline from the NFL. That’s because the alleged incident occurred before the NFL draft. The news was confirmed Tuesday by league spokesman Brian McCarthy.
Under the NFL’s personal conduct policy, the woman’s allegation could still come into play if Conley is ever involved in another incident after his NFL career begins. Under the policy, “conduct occurring prior to the players’ association with the NFL” will be considered when weighing discipline. The policy also provides for “enhanced and/or expedited discipline, including banishment from the league with the opportunity to reapply” for repeat offenders, per ESPN.
Conley’s attorney believes the matter will be cleared within the next 6-8 weeks. Conley submitted to a DNA test on Monday with the Cleveland Police Department.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview Datryan Evans, Tight End nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/datrya… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RyJ6n96XEy
about 12 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Calvin Ridley Injury Review | 2020 Injury Report on the Falcons Wide Receiver… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Antonio Nunn, WR, Buffalo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/antoni… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/eYX0CXalhB
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Will Fuller Injury Review | Could he be with a new team in 2021?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Will Fuller Injury Review | Could he be with a new team in 2021?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago