Gareon Conley, the Oakland Raiders’ first-round draft pick who is accused of sexual assault, will not face discipline from the NFL. That’s because the alleged incident occurred before the NFL draft. The news was confirmed Tuesday by league spokesman Brian McCarthy.
Under the NFL’s personal conduct policy, the woman’s allegation could still come into play if Conley is ever involved in another incident after his NFL career begins. Under the policy, “conduct occurring prior to the players’ association with the NFL” will be considered when weighing discipline. The policy also provides for “enhanced and/or expedited discipline, including banishment from the league with the opportunity to reapply” for repeat offenders, per ESPN.
Conley’s attorney believes the matter will be cleared within the next 6-8 weeks. Conley submitted to a DNA test on Monday with the Cleveland Police Department.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:The Most Underrated Waiver Wire Pickup in Week 2 of Fantasy Football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/most-u… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:XFL Defensive Rankings after Week 3, BattleHawks are the top team nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/02/xfl-de… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Maurkice Pouncey regrets wearing Antwon Rose’s name on the back of his helmet nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/maurki…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Last Chance:Report: Will Deion Sanders be the next head football coach at Jackson State University?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 17, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago