The NFL used to cut rosters from 90 to 75, and then down to 53. NFL owners have agreed to a new rule that will now just be one cut.
Now, there will be one cut down following the preseason, from a 90-man roster to a 53-man.
The news, reported by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, essentially gives 480 players (15 per team) the chance to remain on the roster for one final audition. Already desperate for more film, the league’s bottom-of-the-roster players should consider the decision a major victory.
Alongside a second injured reserve return player and adjustments to overtime, the NFL owners are working to change the game a bit.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I just don’t know what the heck the hands team was doing. I am sorry the ST coordinator should be suspended for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:Tulsa’s Senior cornerback Allie Greene IV stands out when breaking down film nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/allie-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew…
about 1 hour ago