I have been thinking about a few trades and wanted to post them here. I thought these five moves would make the NFL very different in 2017. What do you think?
- J.J. Watt traded to the Browns for a first round pick in 2018. The Cleveland Browns have Myles Garrett, and imagine them adding J.J. Watt? The Browns and Texans have traded in the past, and I think this move would be brilliant for the Browns. They land a very solid pass rusher to go across from Myles and they immediately compete in the AFC North.
- Sammy Watkins traded to the Ravens for CB Jimmy Smith. Let’s face it, the Bills have moved on from Sammy and they did when they decided not to pick up his fifth year option. This is Sammy’s contract year, and he is a great player. The Bills can unload him and pick up a starting cornerback. Jimmy Smith is a solid player who would come in and immediately start. This could be a win/win.
- Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater traded to the Browns for a 2nd in 2018. The Browns have no real starting quarterback, but they can land Teddy Bridgewater for a second round pick in 2018 that they received for taking Brock Osweiler’s contract. The Browns would have a very solid quarterback and could then focus on adding weapons around him.
- Browns trade CB Joe Haden to the Saints for a 2nd round pick in 2018. The Browns basically land the second round pick they just traded back. Joe Haden goes to the Saints and immediately is a starter. The Saints need a corner and Haden has been a very solid shut down guy. This could be a great move for the Saints.
- Richard Sherman traded to the Jets for a second in 2018 and Sheldon Richardson. Let’s face it, Richard Sherman and New York Media would be amazing. I think this would be one of the best trades ever for the Jets. The Seahawks are about done with Richard Sherman, but they can still land Sheldon Richardson and a 2nd from the Jets. The Jets end up landing a shut down corner to play Tom Brady twice a year.