Dean Blandino, the NFL’s senior vice president of officiating and a longtime operative in the league’s instant replay department, is leaving his post for a network television position, according to a league memo.
“Dean has done an outstanding job leading our officiating staff,” Troy Vincent, NFL executive vice president of football operations, said in a statement provided to all 32 NFL teams Friday. “He has been a trusted colleague and friend to so many of us around the league. Dean’s knowledge of the playing rules, his tireless commitment to improving the quality of NFL officiating and his unquestioned dedication to his job has earned him the respect of the entire football community.”
Blandino will be replaced by Cuban born Alberto Riveron, the NFL’s first ever hispanic referee. He will do a wonderful job as the new VP of Officiating.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office located Louis Nix III but would not comment on his condition… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Last Chance:A vehicle that matches missing NFL draft pick Louis Nix III found in a pond nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/louis-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamond Free Agent Interview: Ryan Mueller, Pass Rusher nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ryan-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Former Texans draft pick Louis Nix III was found dead at the age of 29… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Former Texans draft pick Louis Nix III has passed away at the age of 29… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago