There are some pretty solid restricted free agents out there, and according to Field Yates of ESPN, the tender amounts for restricted free agents has been set.
The first-round tender will be $3.91 million, the second-round tender will be $2.746 million and the low or original round tender will be $1.797 million.
Any team can sign a player that is tendered, just like last year when the Dolphins signed running back C.J. Anderson to a huge deal. When the player signs the new deal his original team has a set time limit to sign the player to the same contract or higher. If the team decides to not match then the team is given the compensation of which the player was tendered.
For example, last year the Buffalo Bills tendered Chris Hogan to the lowest possible tender which was an original round tender. Since Hogan was an undrafted free agent, when the Patriots signed him to an offer sheet the Bills could not match the team missed out on a draft pick. If the Bills would have given him a second round tender which is only about 700 thousand more dollars, the team could have kept their player or received a 2nd round pick in exchange for Hogan.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:From Dud To Stud, 15 Players That Will Be Noticed In 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/dud-to… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Josh Pederson, TE, Louisiana-Monroe nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/josh-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:JJ Watt to Bills needs to happen right now nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jj-wat… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZuOL7zyLdH
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Pro Day Schedule for 2021 NFL Draft Prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/pro-da… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/EDlt1FO32e
about 1 hour ago