Bill Parcells taught Bill Belichick a thing or two about football, but maybe one of the most important things he was taught is to get off the mat and win when getting knocked down. Last night, Belichick and the Patriots did that and he complimented his team’s work ethic to keep fighting.
“One of the things coach Parcells said that always stuck with me is in boxing, the mark of a great champion is the one who can get up off the mat and win. It felt like that’s what we did last night,” Belichick said.
“They earned it all the way, from OTAs to training camp, all through the regular season, 14 wins, three more in the playoffs, and we handled adversity all the way. I couldn’t be prouder of these guys,” Belichick said. “They just compete and don’t stop competing, and we saw that last night. What everybody saw last night in the fourth quarter and overtime from the New England Patriots is what I’ve seen for the last seven months. I’m very proud to be the coach of this group.”
You have to love the way the Patriots kept fighting. I am a diehard Buffalo Bills fan, but it was spectacular.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:QB Spotlight: Quarterback Jack Abraham transferring from Southern Miss to Mississippi State… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Dang slow down Killer!!! twitter.com/braydenwalkerf…
about 25 mins ago
- Here comes the BOOOOOMM twitter.com/fletchercothra…
about 29 mins ago
- Great player here! He was a stud! twitter.com/real_2xs/statu…
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: NFL Agents break it down on Freestyle Friday nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/beyond…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago