Our friend Dylan Lloyd of Draft Engineers has released his three round 2017 NFL Mock Draft, and I thought it would be a great addition to NFL Draft Diamonds for our readers. Make sure you follow Dylan @DraftEngineers on Twitter.
- Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett; Edge; Texas A&M
Cleveland needs talent and takes the best player available. Garrett will slide in and be a great addition next to Jamie Collins and Emmanuel Ogbah.
- San Francisco 49ers: Mitch Trubisky; Quarterback; North Carolina
The 49er’s need for a quarterback forces them to reach for one at number 2. Trubisky is overhyped but may be able to develop in Kyle Shanahan’s Offense.
- Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen; Defensive Tackle; Alabama
Chicago gets a stud with the 3rd pick. Allen helps boost the Bears front seven and will help 2016 first round pick Leonard Floyd get to the quarterback.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Malik Hooker; Free Safety; Ohio State
Jacksonville’s defense gets another talented player to build with. Hooker provides help in the secondary and takes the pressure off of Jalen Ramsey.
- Tennessee Titans: Mike Williams; Wide Receiver; Clemson
The Titans need to build around quarterback Marcus Mariota and the best way to do that is to get a real number 1 option for him. Williams has the size and athleticism to be a great wide receiver in the NFL.
- New York Jets: Deshone Kizer; Quarterback; Notre Dame
Another reach for an overrated quarterback. Kizer really hasn’t done anything to impress me but the Jets take him based off his potential.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Jamal Adams; Strong Safety; Louisiana State
The Chargers have a good young core on defense comprised of Joey Bosa, Jason Verrett, and Denzel Perryman. Getting a piece like Jamal Adams can help against the AFC West.
- Carolina Panthers: Garett Bolles; Offensive Tackle; Utah
Carolina needs to protect Cam Newton. I don’t think a running back will help the Panthers more than an elite offensive lineman will. Bolles is the best offensive lineman in the class and might fall because of his age.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster; Inside Linebacker; Alabama
Arguably the best player in the draft falls to the Bengals. Foster can help the Bengals with great coverage and run stopping ability.
- Buffalo Bills: Deshaun Watson; Quarterback; Clemson
Buffalo Bills need all the help they can get and they use their pick on a winner. Watson’s accuracy is a problem but if he develops he could be the best quarterback in the class.
- New Orleans Saints: Solomon Thomas; Edge; Stanford
One of the best edge rushers in the class fall to the Saints. They need all the defensive help they can get and will gladly take Thomas with the 11th pick.
- Cleveland Browns: Leonard Fournette; Running Back; Louisiana State
The Browns get a top 5 player at pick 12. The Browns want talent and with Isaiah Crowell’s contract expiring they get the top rusher in the class.
- Arizona Cardinals: Marshon Lattimore; Cornerback; Ohio State
Outside of Patrick Peterson, the Cardinals need a lot of help at cornerback. They get a top cornerback to help with that issue.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Ryan Ramczyk; Offensive Tackle; Wisconsin
The popular pick here is a cornerback or a wide receiver but protecting Carson Wentz should be the number 1 priority for the Eagles. Ramczyk can protect Wentz’s blindside for the next decade.
- Indianapolis Colts: Dalvin Cook; Running Back; Florida State
The Colts need a serious running back threat to take the pressure off of Andrew Luck. Cook can run and catch the ball well but has fumble problems.
- Baltimore Ravens: Teez Tabor; Cornerback; Florida
The Ravens get an amazing cornerback with their pick. Tabor is the best corner in the class and will instantly help the Ravens’ defense.
- Washington Redskins: Forrest Lamp; Offensive Guard; Western Kentucky
The Redskins wait to address the interior rush issue to draft a versatile offensive lineman. Lamp can play guard or tackle for the Redskins.
- Tennessee Titans: Jabrill Peppers; Strong Safety/Linebacker; Michigan
Tennessee takes a chance on the most overhyped player in the draft. The Titans need help at safety and linebacker and get a player who can do both.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Corey Davis; Wide Receiver; Western Michigan
Vincent Jackson is probably done in Tampa and the Buccaneers need to get a second option next to Mike Williams. Concerns may arise from his level of competition but he has the potential to be a good number 2 behind Mike Evans.
- Denver Broncos: Cam Robinson; Offensive Tackle; Alabama
The Broncos need help on offense and need a lot of it. When playing against players like Khalil Mack, Justin Houston, and Joey Bosa, offensive lineman become a premium.
- Detroit Lions: Derek Barnett; Edge; Tennessee
The Lions need help on the defensive line and they get a steal with Barnett. Pairing him with Ziggy Ansah will give the Lions a great edge rushing duo.
- Miami Dolphins: Marlon Humphrey; Cornerback; Alabama
With most of the offense looking good the Dolphins need defense. They get a corner who can develop and become an amazing corner. The Dolphins need to understand Humphrey will need time to develop.
- New York Giants: Malik McDowell; Defensive Tackle; Michigan State
Will defensive tackle Jonathan Hankins heading to free agency, the Giants could let him walk and draft a new interior defensive lineman. McDowell will step in and give them a better interior pass rush.
- Oakland Raiders: O.J. Howard; Tight End; Alabama
This pick may seem weird for the Raiders but in reality it isn’t. Clive Walford hasn’t worked out for them and it’s important to give Derek Carr better options to throw to. Howard will come in and be the tight end the Raiders need.
- Houston Texans: Zach Cunningham; Outside Linebacker; Vanderbilt
Brian Cushing isn’t really that good. Finding a better option at linebacker is a good idea for the Texans and Cunningham will give them a good piece for their defense.
- Seattle Seahawks: Sidney Jones; Cornerback; Washington
The Seahawks add a stud to the Legion of Boom with the 26th pick. Jones is one of the best corners in a deep class and gives them someone who can take over opposite of Richard Sherman.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes; Quarterback; Texas Tech
The Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Getting Mahomes, the best quarterback in the draft, will help them once they move on from Smith.
- Dallas Cowboys: Takkarist McKinley; Edge; Central Los Angeles
The Cowboys need help on defense and need to find an edge rusher who won’t be suspended constantly. Takkarist McKinley compares to Demarcus Ware in the good and bad ways. The Cowboys will have to teach him to stop the run.
- Green Bay Packers: David Njoku; Tight End; Miami(Fla.)
The Packers learned how much it helps to have a good threat at tight end, Jared Cook is a free agent and Richard Rodgers sucks so getting a good threat will help Rodgers,
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Tim Williams; Edge; Alabama
The Steelers need edge rushers and get one of the better ones with Williams. He drops to this spot because of off the field issues and the Steelers need a plan to help him with that.
- Atlanta Falcons: Haason Reddick; Outside Linebacker; Temple
Atlanta gives Vic Beasley help rushing the passer. Reddick has the athleticism to be an amazing edge rusher and can cover after playing safety early in his career.
- New England Patriots: Taco Charlton; Edge; Michigan
After trading Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins the Patriots need edge rushers. Trey Flowers played good this year but will need help. Charlton comes in and gives the Pats a day one starter.
- Cleveland Browns: John Ross; Wide Receiver; Washington
- San Francisco 49ers: Charles Harris; Edge; Missouri
- Chicago Bears: Tre’Davious White; Cornerback; Louisiana State
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Dan Feeney; Offensive Guard; Indiana
- Los Angeles Rams: Curtis Samuel; Running Back/ Wide Receiver; Ohio State
- New York Jets: Jourdan Lewis; Cornerback; Michigan
- Los Angeles Chargers: Carl Lawson; Edge; Auburn
- Carolina Panthers: Raekwon McMillan; Inside Linebacker; Ohio State
- Cincinnati Bengals: Desmond King; Cornerback/Safety; Iowa
- Buffalo Bills: Caleb Brantley; Defensive Tackle; Florida
- New Orleans Saints: Jarrad Davis; Inside Linebacker; Florida
- Philadelphia Eagles: Cooper Kupp; Wide Receiver; Eastern Washington
- Arizona Cardinals: Dorian Johnson; Offensive Guard; Pittsburgh
- Minnesota Vikings: Dion Dawkins; Offensive Guard; Temple
- Indianapolis Colts: T.J. Watt; Edge; Wisconsin
- Baltimore Ravens: Budda Baker; Free Safety; Washington
- Washington Redskins: Cordrea Tankersley; Cornerback; Clemson
- Cleveland Browns: Gareon Conley; Cornerback; Ohio State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Evan Engram; Tight End; Ole Miss
- Denver Broncos: Carlos Watkins; Defensive Tackle; Clemson
- Detroit Lions: Cameron Sutton; Cornerback; Tennessee
- Miami Dolphins: Taylor Moton; Offensive Tackle; Western Michigan
- New York Giants: DeMarcus Walker; Edge; Florida State
- Oakland Raiders: Obi Melifonwu; Strong Safety; Connecticut
- Houston Texans: Ryan Anderson; Edge; Alabama
- Seattle Seahawks: Roderick Johnson; Offensive Tackle; Florida State
- Kansas City Chiefs: Alvin Kamara; Running Back; Tennessee
- Dallas Cowboys: Quincey Wilson; Cornerback; Florida
- Green Bay Packers: Ethan Pocic; Center; Louisiana State
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Malachi Dupre; Wide Receiver; Louisiana State
- Atlanta Falcons: Tarell Basham; Edge; Ohio
- New England Patriots: Adoree’ Jackson; Cornerback; Southern California
- Cleveland Browns: Pat Elflein; Center; Ohio State
- San Francisco 49ers: Isaiah Ford; Wide Receiver; Virginia Tech
- Chicago Bears: Chidobe Awuzie; Cornerback; Colorado
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Chris Wormley; Defensive Tackle; Michigan
- Tennessee Titans: Bucky Hodges; Tight End; Virginia Tech
- New York Jets: Juju Smith-Schuster; Wide Receiver; Southern California
- San Diego Chargers: Elijah Qualls; Defensive Tackle; Washington
- Carolina Panthers: Marcus Williams; Free Safety; Utah
- Cincinnati Bengals: Dalvin Tomlinson; Defensive Tackle; Alabama
- Buffalo Bills: Kevin King; Cornerback; Washington
- New Orleans Saints: Gerald Everett; Tight End; South Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles: Montravius Adams; Defensive Tackle; Auburn
- Arizona Cardinals: Antonio Garcia; Offensive Tackle; Troy
- Minnesota Vikings: Tyler Orlosky; Center; West Virginia
- Indianapolis Colts: Larry Ogunjobi; Defensive Tackle; Charlotte
- Baltimore Ravens: Amara Darboh; Wide Receiver; Michigan
- Washington Redskins: Duke Riley; Edge; Louisiana State
- Tennessee Titans: Eddie Jackson; Strong Safety; Alabama
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ardarius Stewart; Wide Receiver; Alabama
- Denver Broncos: Zay Jones; Wide Receiver; Eastern Carolina
- Detroit Lions: Jake Butt; Tight End; Michigan
- Minnesota Vikings: Derek Rivers; Edge; Youngstown State
- New York Giants: Nico Siragusa; Offensive Guard; San Diego State
- Oakland Raiders: Adam Bisnowaty; Offensive Tackle; Pittsburgh
- Houston Texans: Brad Kaaya; Quarterback; Miami(Fla.)
- Seattle Seahawks: Tyus Bowser; Edge; Houston
- Kansas City Chiefs: Chris Godwin; Wide Receiver; Penn State
- Dallas Cowboys: Jaleel Johnson; Defensive Tackle; Iowa
- Green Bay Packers: Justin Evans; Strong Safety; Texas A&M
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Chad Wheeler; Offensive Tackle; Southern California
- Atlanta Falcons: Vincent Taylor; Defensive Tackle; Oklahoma State
- New England Patriots: Jordan Leggett; Tight End; Clemson
- (C) New England Patriots: Will Holden; Offensive Tackle; Vanderbilt
- (C) Los Angeles Rams: Jordan Willis: Edge: Kansas State
- (C) Carolina Panthers: Fabian Moreau; Cornerback; Central Los Angeles
- (C) Denver Broncos: Anthony Walker Jr.; Inside Linebacker; Northwestern
- (C) Seattle Seahawks: Marcus Maye; Free Safety; Florida
- (C) Baltimore Ravens: Isaac Asiata; Offensive Guard; Utah
- (C) Miami Dolphins: Noah Brown; Wide Receiver; Ohio State
- (C) Kansas City Chiefs: Zach Banner; Offensive Guard; Southern California