NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
What is your Height/Weight?
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
University of Manitoba
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
Crunchers youth football camps.
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
Numerical heat transfer in fluid flow: computation modelling of convective phenomena
Where are you from?
Who is your role model, and why?
Former teammate, Rob Smith. Taught me to play with an aggressive ‘edge’.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Weightlifting, Rugby, Basketball.
Did you play any other positions in football?
First year at U of M I played d-line
At your position, what separates you from others?
Athleticism, effort, and understanding of the game.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
Of myself; body position, leverage.
Of opponent; overall defensive scheme, tendencies and tells of specific players.
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
I don’t like to compare my play to others. I feel everyone has different strengths that dictate how they play.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
I tore my calf during football spring camp a couple years ago. The injury prevented me from going to Canadian national weightlifting championships, there was also a chance I would miss the start of the football season. Stayed positive and was diligent with rehab. I was able to return to football in time for training camp and didn’t miss any games.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
What is your biggest strength?
Strength and power.
What is your biggest weakness?
Over analyzing during the play causing me to slow down.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
Can’t get a better work ethic. Love to train and am a student of the game.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
Mostly watched CFL football growing up, my favorite team was Saskatchewan Roughriders
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
My Mom and her parents which I was never able to meet.
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
None, I’d buy really nice bacon, cheese and coffee all the time
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? Dallas Cowboys
- Who is Better: Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith?
- Who will win MVP in NFL? I don’t know I’m an o-lineman we don’t win awards
- Who is Better: Deion Sanders or Richard Sherman?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Tyrell Williams, WR, Western Oregon University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview Datryan Evans, Tight End nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/datrya… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard McBryde, LB, SMU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/richar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago