Fantasy Football Studs and Duds: Week 9
Here are a few Week 9 studs and duds to consider as your fantasy season progresses on.
- Drew Brees, QB vs. San Francisco:
Brees has been a consistent fantasy starter most weeks this season, and he continues to be this week. The 49ers have given up multiple passing touchdowns for six weeks straight and have yet to find their niche on offense, resulting in opposing offenses to possess the ball much more often. This prolific Saints passing attack will feast this Sunday.
- Devonta Freeman, RB vs. Tampa Bay:
Although Freeman has not been entirely special as a runner in recent weeks, he has been spectacular in the Falcon’s passing game. With Tevin Coleman being sidelined, Devonta Freeman has taken full advantage of his increased role in the offense, scoring both rushing and receiving touchdowns last week. The Bucs defense is ranked only 25th in the league against opposing running-backs so far this season making Freeman an exciting start in all formats.
- Kenny Britt, WR vs. Carolina:
Yes, I’m betting against the Panther’s defense again this week. Kenny Britt has cemented himself in as the primary target in the Ram’s passing game, and head coach Jeff Fisher doesn’t seem to be very fond of their No. 2 wideout, Tavon Austin. Britt is currently averaging a healthy 76.4 yards per game and is facing a secondary that has yet to prove that they can stop a nosebleed. Britt should post reliable numbers for your team this week, especially if you need a bye week starter.
- Blake Bortles, QB vs. Kansas City:
The Chiefs have only given up 300-yards passing twice this season, both to future Hall of Famers Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger. Let’s face it, Bortles had great fantasy week against a porous Titan’s secondary in Week 8, but he is not yet anywhere close to the caliber of Brees and Big Ben. He ranks 3rd in the league with nine interceptions and the Chiefs are still ranked in the top 15 defensively against fantasy quarterbacks. I would find a different QB this week if possible.
- Ryan Mathews, RB vs. New York Giants:
Even though the Giant’s defense is nothing to brag about, Ryan Mathews is losing his role in the Eagle’s offense, making him a bench player for the time being. Mathews only received five touches in Sunday night’s overtime loss to Dallas, compared to Darren Sproles’ twenty touches. Until he proves otherwise, Mathews seems to have become the second fiddle in this offense, steering him away from your lineups.
- Marvin Jones, WR vs. Minnesota:
With the returns of the previously injured Theo Riddick and Eric Ebron, Marvin Jones has seen a decline in usage in the past weeks. He has actually fallen behind fellow teammate Golden Tate in total targets. Facing a tough Vikings defense, it is hard to imagine Jones posting very high numbers this week.
Deep sleepers for your bye week woes
- Devontae Booker, RB: After scoring two touchdowns in two weeks, Booker seems to have taken over as the lead tailback in Denver. He’s sure to earn some points against an average Oakland defense.
- Kendall Wright, WR: Wright has seen an uptick in his playing time and is doing increasingly well as a slot receiver since returning from injury. He is a decent play this week against San Diego, especially in PPR formats.
- Landry Jones, QB: If Ben Roethlisberger is still out, Jones could potentially be a fringe starter this week against a banged up Raven’s defense. With a few high caliber quarterbacks on bye this week, Landry Jones is not a terrible option to plug into your lineup.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Week 3 Waiver Wire nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BYU4N11xU5
about 6 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Target Leaders After 2 Weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/target… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GJid2jLz36
about 7 mins ago
- If you are struggling in life cast your cares upon Jesus! Trust him with your problems! https://t.co/Qtix9PqHDz
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Colts are expected to sign TE Ethan Wolf and TE Hale Hentges to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago