NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
DeVonta Delaney (Dee)
What is your Height/Weight?
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
I had a cookout for a neighborhood football and brought some burgers, hot dogs, and Popsicle. I also had a back to school drive which I gave away book bags
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
Where are you from?
Beaufort, South Carolina
Who is your role model, and why?
My mother because she has done everything in her power to make sure my twin and I are okay no matter what
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Baseball,Basketball and ran Track
Did you play any other positions in football?
At your position, what separates you from others?
Just being able to read the ball in the air and having great hand eye coordination
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
When I am looking at film I like to see if the receiver can give me any hints on how they run a certain route
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Richard Sherman because he use to also play wide receiver so he has good hands and he was also the underdog coming out of college
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
When I had to transfer over from wide receiver to defensive back. The way I overcame it was by looking at a lot of film on different defensive back and just seeing what they did.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
Talk to myself
What is your biggest strength?
Being a guy that feels that every time the ball is in the air it is mine.
What is your biggest weakness?
Sometimes doubting myself
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
I am the guy you would want on your team because I am a team first type of guy, good football IQ, and just have a passion for making plays on the field.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
Randy Moss hands down, Pittsburgh Steelers
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
Kobe Bryant, Randy Moss, Biggie Smalls
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
My mom and twin brother a nice size house
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? Pittsburgh Steelers
- Who is Better : Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith?
- Who will win MVP in NFL? Aaron Rodgers
- Who is Better: Deion Sanders or Richard Sherman?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2020 NFL Expert Picks: Week 8 ift.tt/3mzNuWz
about 12 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jacob Cameron, LT, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jacob-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Julian Edelman injury update, How many weeks could Edelman miss?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Gardner Minshew injury update, Could Minshew’s time be over in J-Ville?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago