NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
What is your Height/Weight?
6’2 / 280
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
Midwestern State University
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
Volunteered to help coach a little league football team
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
Where are you from?
Copperas Cove, Texas
Who is your role model, and why?
My father, because he is the strongest man I know and he chose to fight for our country so I would be able to do what I’m doing today.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
Baseball and Basketball
Did you play any other positions in football?
At your position, what separates you from others?
Great technique, good use of hands , and a great mixture of quickness and power.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
I like to look for tendencies, how the guard or tackle lines up pre-snap. Also I look at formations and what plays are ran out of each one to get a good idea of what play is to come .
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
Left Tackle from Trinity Valley . Currently plays at Baylor University.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Aaron Donald , because we have similar body type, and I am good with my hands and have great ball get off.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
Watching my father constantly get deployed and worry about his safe return , In many ways football helped me cope with the deployments.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
Listen to music and imagine making plays
What is your biggest strength?
My work ethic
What is your biggest weakness?
Being my own worst critic
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
I am the ideal team player, willing to do whatever it takes to win. No one would ever out work me and as a team player I would help everyone around me get better. If a GM chooses me he’s getting a great citizen , as well as a good football player.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
Julius Peppers with the Chicago Bears.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
Aaron Donald , Julius Peppers, and my Great Grandfather.
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
Help with my sisters education.
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? Cowboys
- Who is Better: Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith?
- Who will win MVP in NFL? Ezekiel Elliott
- Who is Better: Deion Sanders or Richard Sherman?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 2 Preview: Atlanta Falcons vs. Dallas Cowboys ift.tt/32GiOfl
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football Friday FLEX: Latavius Murray, RB, New Orleans Saints nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/latavi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jaxson Turner, LB, North Dakota nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jaxson… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XxOiTNU1DZ
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Deion Sanders will change the way young players look at HBCU schools nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/deion-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago