Panthers have brought back defensive end Wes Horton on a one-year deal after waiving wide receiver Damiere Byrd.
Horton has played 34 games for Carolina over the past three seasons, recording six sacks and 41 tackles. He was released prior to the start of the regular season and has not yet played in 2016.
Horton was suspended for four games by the National Football League for violating the NFL Performance Enhancement Drug Policy after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance, which is why he was released.
Byrd played college football at the University of South Carolina for the South Carolina Gamecocks, and was signed as an undrafted free agent. He did not have any stats as an NFL player.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Patriots owner Robert Kraft beat the sex spa case in court; All charges have been dismissed… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Ok Carly! twitter.com/whec_cmascitti…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Did You See This:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Dr. Sullivan’s NFL Week 2 Medical Report Part 2 ift.tt/305Ym5H
about 1 hour ago