Panthers have brought back defensive end Wes Horton on a one-year deal after waiving wide receiver Damiere Byrd.
Horton has played 34 games for Carolina over the past three seasons, recording six sacks and 41 tackles. He was released prior to the start of the regular season and has not yet played in 2016.
Horton was suspended for four games by the National Football League for violating the NFL Performance Enhancement Drug Policy after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance, which is why he was released.
Byrd played college football at the University of South Carolina for the South Carolina Gamecocks, and was signed as an undrafted free agent. He did not have any stats as an NFL player.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Trey Songz arrested for fighting a police officer at Chiefs game (VIDEO) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/trey-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago