Fantasy Football Studs and Duds: Week 8
As an injury riddled Week 7 in the NFL comes to a conclusion, let’s take a look at who are studs and who are duds in Week 8.
- Carson Palmer, QB vs. Carolina:
Although Palmer has been having an underwhelming year to say the least, the Panthers have allowed almost 1200 passing yards and 9 touchdowns in their last three games played. Coming off a very dismal week of offense, Palmer will be hungry to expose these young Carolina corners.
- Spencer Ware, RB vs. Indianapolis:
There has only been one game this entire season where the Colts have not allowed 100 yards rushing, and the Chiefs seem to have moved on from Jamaal Charles. Spencer Ware has proved that he can be effective in the rushing and passing games with a healthy 7.1 yards per touch, earning him the starting nod in all fantasy formats this week.
- Cole Beasley, WR vs. Philadelphia:
Although the Eagle’s defense has not been very friendly to opposing teams this season, Dak Prescott’s favorite target will thrive in this week’s match-up. Philadelphia’s top slot corner, Ron Brooks, is out for the season and they will be forced to use a rotation of linebackers, safeties, and undrafted rookie corner C.J. Smith to handle that position. With a team leading 33 receptions and 390 yards, Beasley is a comfortable start in standard and PPR leagues this week.
- Philip Rivers, QB vs. Denver:
Rivers posted a season low 178 yards against Denver in Week 6 and nothing is indicating any improvements. With Melvin Gordon starting to hit his stride, the Chargers will more than likely keep feeding him the ball. The Broncos haven’t allowed more than 1 touchdown in a game all year so all signs point to an off week for Rivers.
- Lamar Miller, RB vs. Detroit:
Unless you are in a 12-man PPR league, Miller should be on your bench this week against the Lions, who have yet to allow a rushing touchdown this year. Even with an average of 19.5 carries per game Miller has been very unproductive, aside from his Week 6 performance against the Colts. It seems as if head coach Bill O’Brien’s new play-calling is not going to benefit Miller too much this week.
- Devante Adams, WR vs. Atlanta:
Very rarely does a No. 3 receiver have the kind of week that Devante Adams had in Week 7. Saying that, Adams doesn’t have anywhere to go but down, especially against a sneaky Atlanta defense that has given up 200+ yards to wideouts only once this season. Playing behind Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb will only make it harder for Adams to re-create his outlier week.
Deep sleepers for your bye week woes
- Marquise Lee, WR: With 6+ receptions and at least 60 yards in the last two weeks, Lee stands a decent chance to replicate those numbers against a porous Tennessee secondary.
- J. Fiedorowicz, TE: C.J. has been the only bright spot on the Texan’s horrific offense and seems to be Brock Osweiler’s favorite target. The Lions have also given up 7 touchdowns in 7 weeks to tight ends.
- Matt Asiata, RB: If Jerrick McKinnon’s ankle injury continues to be an issue, Matt Asiata is the next in line for the Viking’s rushing duties. Asiata has been running very well and Chicago’s run defense is mediocre at best.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Collier, CB, Maryville College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:Indianapolis High School rising star wide receiver Jordan Jackson shot and killed at the age of 17… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Trenchmen’s Corner | Reviewing the top rated Offensive Lineman and Defensive Lineman in the 2022 N… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Collier, CB, Maryville College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/shemar…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Indianapolis High School rising star wide receiver Jordan Jackson shot and killed at the age of 17… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
Texas A&M defensive back Leon O’Neal Jr recently sat down with Chris DiCerbo on...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...