NFL Draft Diamonds has been bringing our readers Prospect Interviews over the past 3 years and this year we mixed up the questions and added some fun questions for our readers. Our questions are designed to give our readers a little more insight on the player. We hope to bring you more than 350 interviews of NFL Draft Prospects this season. You will be able to track them all on the front page of our website in the banner to the right. Now let’s meet the prospect!!!!
What is your name?
What is your Height/Weight?
6’5 – 320 lbs
What is your position?
Where do you play college football?
Illinois State University
Football is about giving back, what is the coolest thing you have done off the field?
Volunteering with special olympics
What was the hardest college class you ever had to take?
Global Issues in Politics
Where are you from?
Who is your role model, and why?
My father is my role model. He’s one of the hardest working and most selfless people I’ve ever met.
Did you play any other sports growing up?
I grew up playing baseball and basketball. I didn’t get to play football because of weight limits. Baseball was my first love.
At your position, what separates you from others?
What separates me from others at my position is my athleticism. I’m not your typical 320 pounder. I move like I’m still a 3 sport athlete.
When you are breaking down film, what do you look for?
When I break down film, the first thing I look for is an opponent’s tendencies. I like to observe how they play throughout the course of an entire game.
Who was the toughest player you ever faced?
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?
Jack Conklin, I relate a lot to him as I also was a walk on. We have similar bodies and are good with hands against pass rush.
Do you have any pre-game rituals?
I like to stay loose and keep it fun by watching other position groups warm up as I sit on the wall overlooking the field. It’s kind of goofy.
What is the hardest thing to overcome coming from a Small School?
I’ve spent my whole life being from the small school. I had to overcome perceptions of small school athletes in high school and now at the collegiate level. People just assume that you’re not as talented if you’re from a smaller school. It puts a chip on your shoulder.
What is your biggest strength?
I’d say my biggest strengths are my athleticism and frame which allow me to play multiple positions and to grow and put on weight as necessary.
What is your biggest weakness?
My biggest weakness is my pad level. I play too high and that is something I’m trying to correct.
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
I’ve been able to compete at every level I’ve ever played even when the odds were stacked against me. If given the chance I know that I will do it again.
Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up?
Tennessee Titans – Eddie George
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would you choose?
What will be the first big item you buy once you are in the NFL?
I’m going to payoff my student loans.
- Who is Better: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?
- Who will win the Super Bowl this year? Patriots
- Who is Better : Adrian Peterson or Emmitt Smith?
- Who is Better: Ed Reed or Eric Weddle?
- Who is Better: Ray Lewis or Luke Kuechly?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Betting Strategy – How to Profit Betting on Football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-be… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BMZ3z5If1I
about 31 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Blake Dever, QB, University of North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/blake-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dalvin Cook Injury Update, Will Cook be ready for Week 13? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/dalvin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Drew Brees Injury Update, Should you be worried about Kamara’s production with him out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Zach Ertz Injury Update, Ertz to return in week 13? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/zach-e… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago