The Saints and Drew Brees have reached agreement on an extension, as Ed Werder of ESPN.com tweets. The new deal is technically for five years but automatically voids after two. Brees will be committed to the Saints this year and next only for $44.25MM guaranteed. Earlier today, Werder reported that the deal would likely include no-trade protection.
Drew Brees’ new deal is a five-year contract that will void down to two years and has a no-trade clause. Cap number for ’16 lowered a lot.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) September 7, 2016
#Saints QB Drew Brees gets more than the $20M due this year. NO gets flexibility beyond 2017 & cap help. Voidable years added for proration
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 7, 2016
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cam Newton Leaves Preseason Game Early With a Foot Injury ift.tt/2P7L59O
about 9 mins ago via IFTTT
- Josh Allen of Jags is good wow
about 9 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Packers and Raiders Preseason Game Being Played in Winnipeg Despite Field Condition Concerns ift.tt/2P8Ksgg
about 19 mins ago via IFTTT
- Jay Glazer saying that the Texans have talked to ten teams about Clowney. One mentioned the Dolphins
about 19 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ben Holmes, QB, Tarleton State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/ben-ho… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro