Allison Wood of the Royalton Post reports that Browns G Alvin Bailey was arrested for OVI and other counts after he was stopped by police while in a Cleveland parking lot around 1 a.m. on Sept. 26.
According to the police report, Bailey was speeding when he turned off into a picnic area. An officer allegedly saw Bailey exiting the vehicle and he ignored the officer’s orders to get back in the vehicle.
What is OVI? OVI is an acronym for Operating a Vehicle Impaired. Formerly known as DWI, DUI, OMVI, or drunk driving, the Ohio General Assembly changed the statute to OVI in January 2005 to more accurately reflect the actual scope of the offense since it doesn’t necessarily require “driving” or that the “operation” be in a “motor vehicle.”
Bailey wound up being cited for failure to comply, drug abuse, drug paraphernalia, speed and unsafe vehicle (cracked windshield).
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 2 Preview: San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Jets ift.tt/3ccYtBz
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:All the Reasons that Make NFL Football One of the Most Popular Sports in the World… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GtBwehIOvt
about 53 mins ago
- This shows humbleness. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now he is on a practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Raiders could be down a linebacker this week, I wonder if they pull up a practice squad guy! Should know soon
about 1 hour ago