Bills offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson will begin serving his four-game league imposed suspension this week for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. The problem though is Seantrel Henderson is no stranger to failed drug tests. While he has had numerous failed drug tests in his passed especially at Miami there is a reason for his failed tests.
Henderson suffers from Chron’s disease a very painful intestinal problem that has no cure. Henderson has had this disease for quite some time, and uses the THC from Marijuana to help with inflammation which is actually prescribed by many doctors.
While Henderson wants to appeal it, he and the team decided he is better off serving the suspension. Henderson missed more than half of training camp and appeared in just one preseason game. Earlier this week even he admitted that he’s not back to full strength. Bills HC Rex Ryan indicated that kickoff specialist Jordan Gay will fill the 53rd roster spot.
“I don’t feel like I’m a full 100-percent, still getting back, I’ve only had two practices and a preseason game,” Henderson said. “But I feel like I’m moving forward and getting better every day.”
Seantrel Henderson’s agent, Brian Fettner, issued a statement, per Adam Schefter, that his client elected to drop his appeal of the four-game suspension.
Merciful or not, there is no medical exception that the NFL will accept. It doesn’t matter that Seantrel is battling Crohn’s disease, and has had his intestines outside his body. It doesn’t matter how you take it, if you digest the cannabis, that’s it. And they don’t care. So you can appeal and lose, and push it back, or you can get it over with. Per the negotiated letter of law, it seems like a futile appeal. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time. We want Seantrel back as soon as possible.
I want to know what you think? Should he be suspended if he was utilizing a drug for medical purposes?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Column: Red Sox Already Won Brandon Workman Trade ift.tt/2ZSyaf0
about 30 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers ift.tt/3my6uWn
about 30 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:NCAA Football Predictions 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ncaa-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oQsyR8YolA
about 54 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago