David Amerson was a second round pick that many thought was going to be a bust, but last year the former NC State cornerback had a huge season with the Oakland Raiders. He was rewarded this off-season with a nice contract extension. The former NC State corner believes he matured when he was released by the Redskins and signed by the Raiders.
“Once I got here, I matured,” Amerson said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “I came in the league and I was 21 years old. … I was taking that transition of becoming a professional [for granted] … Compared to when I was in Washington, instead of going home and playing video games all night and stuff like that, it was a much different approach. … It’s really just the little stuff. That’s what football is; it’s a game of inches. It just gave me that extra beat that I needed on Sunday to make plays out there. Like I said, it wasn’t rocket science. I knew what I had to do and it just clicked for me at a time where, like I said, I was being released and coming here. I’m kind of glad it happened like that.”
The Raiders should be happy that Amerson did mature, because he was a beast last season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- You can receive a free stock by signing up. Right now the stock market is soaring. Get in and stay in, it will co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:QB Spotlight Podcast: Talking QB’s in the transfer portal and 2 recently committed quarterbacks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Martin Foray, DB, St. Francis University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/martin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 14, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago
- Last Chance:Terry Fontenot is the frontrunner for the Falcons GM position nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/terry-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RWkevfAV4p
about 8 hours ago