Last year the New England Patriots turned to LeGarrette Blount after Dion Lewis went down with a knee injury. Now a year later, the big back Blount could be on the chopping block. According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, there is a possibility that Blount might not make the final 53-man roster out of camp.
“Running back LeGarrette Blount’s return from a season-ending hip injury, suffered in December, bears watching as it relates to his roster status,” the Patriots beat writer reported. “Blount, who signed a modest one-year deal as a free agent to return in 2016, didn’t practice in the spring. If he returns to full health and runs hard like he did at times in 2015, there shouldn’t be any issues. But that isn’t a given based on the present snapshot.”
New England did sign veteran Donald Brown in free agency, but he’s unlikely even a short-term option as a consistent producer. Brown, 29, averaged just 3.5 yards per carry in his final two seasons with the San Diego Chargers.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Did Titans WR A.J. Brown play the entire year with torn meniscus’ on both knees?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:Derek Carr posts a picture on IG wearing a Bulletproof vest saying “it’s that time again”… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Patrick Mahomes Injury Update | Did Mahomes suffer something other than a concussion?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Michael Thomas Injury Update | Saints WR to undergo off-season surgery… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:When Nick Saban coached for the Dolphins, several star players almost fought him for belittling them… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago