The Arizona Cardinals are one of my favorites to win it all this year, but if they want to stay on the top of their division they are going to need to keep their veterans locked up. Both Tyrann Mathieu and Calais Campbell will need to get a contract extension and I would not be surprised to see them get a big pay day. Today Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim said that “there are always points in a negotiation when it’s more pressing than not” while providing an update of sorts on where things stand on the extension front.
“Hopeful, but people ask all the time whether I think we’re close or we’re not,” Keim said, via the team’s website. “I don’t think it’s fair for us or the player to make a comment because, really, I don’t know what close is anymore. We’ll just continue to stay aggressive, though. That’s the one thing I’ve said earlier: Whether it’s signing players, whether it’s readjusting guys who need to be signed for extensions, we’ll continue to stay aggressive and try to keep our foot on the gas pedal.”
I believe the Cardinals will find a way to get a deal worked out for their two stars. Both are playmakers and both help put the Cardinals in the driver’s seat for the 2016 season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CKxoXW4W8O
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Did Atlanta Falcons do Raheem Morris dirty? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kvdsQl1lUE
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:Four NFL Head Coaching candidates that should have been hired, but are still waiting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer hired as Carolina Panthers GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/scott-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:New York Jets hire Mike LaFleur as new offensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago