A report on Wednesday indicated that Fitzpatrick would be willing to sign a one-year contract at around $12 million for 2016. According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets have no interest in a short-term deal.
Jets are not interested in giving Ryan Fitzpatrick a 1-year, $12 million deal, per sources. Will not be happening.
— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) June 2, 2016
In fact, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily news told PFT Live on Thursday that the team is closer to moving on than people think.
“I think it’s coming a lot sooner than some people might expect, and if you’re in the Jets’ position I think your patience should be wearing thin,” Mehta said. “The Jets are probably a bit closer to moving on than has been talked about at this point.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I hate it too twitter.com/allbrightnfl/s…
about 25 mins ago
- Oh Stan twitter.com/sportscenter/s…
about 27 mins ago
- I see what you did there. Smart man, and they cut Jamon Brown too twitter.com/zvaughn2712/st…
about 29 mins ago
- Teams like the Bengals, Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, Packers, are just a few teams that could use a starting caliber OG… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- What people do not realize is Quinton Spain did not allow a sack. Look at Jamon Brown who was just released by the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago