NFL Draft Diamonds is grading the 2016 NFL Draft. We are going to give our explanations below the draft class. Let’s see how the teams did below…
» Round 1: (No. 31 overall) Germain Ifedi, OG.
» Round 2: (49) Jarran Reed, DT.
» Round 3: (90) C.J. Prosise, RB; (94) Nick Vannett, TE; (97) Rees Odhiambo, OG.
» Round 5: (147) Quinton Jefferson, DT; (171) Alex Collins, RB.
» Round 6: (215) Joey Hunt, C.
» Round 7: (243) Kenny Lawler, WR; (247) Zac Brooks, RB.
- The Seahawks landed Jarran Reed in round 2 and that was their best pick. I was not a big fan of any of their other picks. For that I give them a C- for their 2016 NFL Draft Class.
Los Angeles Rams
» Round 1: (No. 1 overall) Jared Goff, QB.
» Round 4: (110) Tyler Higbee, TE; (117) Pharoh Cooper, WR.
» Round 6: (177) Temarrick Hemingway, TE; (190) Josh Forrest, ILB; (206) Mike Thomas, WR.
- The Rams gave up a ton to get Jared Goff, and he better pay off for them. The team then used two draft picks on tight ends, which I did not quiet understand. I loved the Pharoah Cooper pick and Mike Thomas late in the draft. They just gave up a lot to get Goff. I give them a C+ for their NFL Draft Class.
» Round 1: (No. 29 overall) Robert Nkemdiche, DT.
» Round 3: (92) Brandon Williams, CB.
» Round 4: (128) Evan Boehm, C.
» Round 5: (167) Marqui Christian, SS; (170) Cole Toner, OT.
» Round 6: (205) Harlan Miller, CB.
- The Arizona Cardinals had the best draft class from the NFC West. They landed the best defensive tackle in the draft with the 30th pick. Then they took three small schoolers at the end of the draft, which made us smile. I give them a B+ for their 2016 NFL Draft Class.
San Francisco 49ers
» Round 1: (No. 7 overall) DeForest Buckner, DE; (28) Joshua Garnett, OG.
» Round 3: (68) Will Redmond, CB.
» Round 4: (133) Rashard Robinson, CB.
» Round 5: (142) Ronald Blair, DE; (145) John Theus, OT; (174) Fahn Cooper, OT.
» Round 6: (207) Jeff Driskel, QB; (211) Kelvin Taylor, RB; (213) Aaron Burbridge, WR.
» Round 7: (249) Prince Charles Iworah, CB.
- I was not a big fan of this draft. I like the Buckner pick, but am not sure you trade back into the first giving up quite a bit to land a guard. The 49ers had a bunch of questionable picks, and for that reason alone, I give them a C-.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Go get Carlos Dunlap! Maybe Seattle? Where does he end up?
about 38 mins ago