Knowshon Moreno a couple years ago was one of the best backs in the NFL. Now he is hurting to find a job, that is because his knees are so bad. According to a question and answers session with Mike Klis of Channel 9 News, Knowshon Moreno is about 80 percent done with football. He is still holding out for that phone call but that may never come. Here is the question that Klis answered.
What happened to Knowshon Moreno, was his injury in Miami that serious to where he isn’t getting any interest with other teams? – Bradon Walkenhorst
One of the most unheralded stories from the Broncos’ record-setting offensive season of 2013 was the courageous performance of Moreno. His knees were shot – virtually bone on bone, as I understand it – yet he rushed for 1,038 yards and caught 60 passes for another 548 yards. He scored a combined 13 touchdowns.
That season was otherwise known for 55, 5,477 and 606 – the single-season record-setting touchdown passes, throwing yards and points scored by Manning and the Broncos.
Moreno’s knees were the primary reason why the Broncos let him go to free agency, and why he could only generate a one-year, $3 million contract from the Miami Dolphins.
Moreno had a terrific 2014 opener for the Dolphins, rushing for 134 yards on 24 carries, but he suffered a dislocated elbow early in game 2, came back a month later and suffered a torn ACL in the third quarter of his third game with Miami. Not surprisingly, Moreno didn’t complain about his knee to his trainer’s staff or coaches until the next day.
His knees needed a full year off last year to regenerate. He’ll be 29 in July and he didn’t have good speed to begin with. Mentally, Knowshon is 80 percent done, but he’s staying in great shape just in case.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Tampa Bay Buccaneers To Sign Antonio Brown ift.tt/3m9GlMC
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Come on, we only got 6 retweets? Ya'll better be watching this show tonight. You may make me stutter too, because… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago