The NFL Draft is approaching and NFL Scouts have been talking to Bob McGinn of Milwaukee Journal does a great job at breaking down the NFL Draft, by talking to scouts. Here is what the scouts said about the top full backs in the NFL Draft.
1. DAN VITALE, Northwestern (6-1, 240, 4.59, 4-5): Three-year starter at “superback.” “He had a good combine workout,” one scout said. “He played fullback, H-back, slot. He’s not a blocker but he catches the ball. He’s a cut (blocker) guy. He is quick. I had no idea he would run 4.59.” Rushed merely six times for 29 but caught 135 for 1,427 (10.6) and 11 TDs. “Plays like an H-back, they just throw him the ball,” another scout said. “Kind of a muscled-up kid. Not a very good blocker.” From Wheaton, Ill., played at Warrenville South.
2. DEVON JOHNSON, Marshall (6-0 ½, 237, 4.64, 5-6): Backup TE in 2012-’13 before becoming a starting RB. Exploded for 1,767 yards in ’14 but was limited to seven games as a senior because of injuries. “Just more of a big one-back,” said one scout. “He runs very hard. Would rather run through guys than try to juke them. Even though he’s a former tight end he doesn’t catch the ball (well). He just doesn’t have the mentality to be a blocker. He’s hurt all the time.” Several teams are projecting him to FB because of his size and pedestrian speed. Carried 305 times for 2,373 (7.8) and 25 TDs, adding 27 catches for 423. Improved Wonderlic from 7 to 15. From Richlands, Va.
3. ANDY JANOVICH, Nebraska (6-1, 238, 4.77, 6-7): Didn’t start until senior year. “I don’t know if he can play fullback, but he had a nice game against Southern Mississippi,” said one scout. “He had like 100 yards in three or four (touches). He’s quick and made some nice little adjustments, and he runs hard and he catches the ball well. He’s quick as a lead blocker but he doesn’t have the power to lead through. I still wouldn’t draft him but I’d bring him in as a free agent.” Carried 45 times for 271 (6.0) and three TDs and caught five for 87. Wonderlic of 29. From Gretna, Neb. “Not a bad blocker,” another scout said. “Not real big.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Tyler Higbee injury update; How bad is his hand injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cqMVfM9hYr
about 25 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Robert Woods injury update; How bad is his groin injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/robert… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/EQq2zpRb9x
about 30 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Darrell Henderson thigh injury update; Could the Rams RB miss time? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/darrel… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How serious is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Check out 2019-20 Panini Mosaic Hanger Box LOT OF 5 - Zion? Ja? Genesis? Reactive Orange ebay.com/itm/1144812591… @eBay
about 3 hours ago