Restricted Free Agent Tim Lelito was offered a contract by the Dallas Cowboys, which would have likely raised his pay, but Lelito decided to turn it down. The restricted free agent says he turned down and offer and is likely to remain with the Saints.
“You have to weigh your options and it’s a gamble,” Lelito explaied, via WWL. “So you can go somewhere else and be a backup for a couple years with less money or you can try to go into a one-year tender and do the best you can and hopefully come out with a little better contract after it.”
This does not make sense to me, because if the Cowboys signed him to a deal, then Lelito would have been able to negotiate with the Saints to get more money, and sign a long term deal if he wanted. Instead he turned down a pay raise to become a free agent next year. I do not get the concept behind this move.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Predicting a trade: Patriots send a couple picks to the Texans for WR Will Fuller nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/will-f…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting a trade: Jets trade to Quinnen Williams to Cardinals for a two draft picks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/quinne…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Week 7 QB Index: Baker Mayfield jumps into the top 3 with his amazing performance nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-7… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 45 mins ago
- Week 7 Recap: San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots ift.tt/3kz2SC7
about 48 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for October 27, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago