Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was indicted for a misdemeanor assault charge and his attorney is confident that his client will beat the case.
“We certainly respect the decision of the grand jury but of course they only hear one part of the case: What the D.A. chooses to share with them. We don’t know what that was,” the statement said. “The case will now be assigned to a court in Dallas County where the parties are able to join the issue. Johnny will certainly plead ‘not guilty’ and we believe the evidence will support that plea.
“Out of respect for Ms. Crowley, we will not try the case in the press. We do, however, believe that Johnny will be acquitted at the conclusion of this case.”
There have been reports that Manziel settled out of court on a civil case with Ms. Crowley. If that is the case, that is in the favor of Manziel.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Aaron Watson Jr , CB, North Greenville University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom INterview youtu.be/YWr_pX6aROk
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aaron Watson, CB, North Greenville University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 20, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/kentav… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago