A former Vanderbilt football player has been found guilty of raping an unconscious student in a dorm.
It took less than three hours for the jury of nine men and three women to find Cory Batey guilty of aggravated rape, two counts of attempted aggravated rape, facilitation of aggravated rape and three counts of aggravated sexual battery.
Batey, a 22-year-old from Nashville, is one of four former football players charged with rape and accused of violating the female student in a dorm room in June of 2013. He was the only one on trial.
Here is a complete list of charges and jury verdicts for Cory Batey:
- Count 1: aggravated rape, penetration of vagina with fingers; guilty of aggravated sexual battery
- Count 2: aggravated rape, penetration of anus with fingers; guilty
- Count 3: aggravated rape, fellatio on mouth; guilty of attempted aggravated rape
- Count 4: aggravated rape, penetration of vagina with penis; guilty of attempted aggravated rape
- Count 5: criminal responsibility for Brandon E. Banks penetrating anus with object; guilty of facilitation of aggravated rape
- Count 6: aggravated sexual battery, criminal responsibility for Banks touching genital area; guilty
- Count 7: aggravated sexual battery, Batey placing his buttocks on face; guilty