A week before the NFL draft, all you can do is shake your head or shrug your shoulders. The reason you cannot take anything serious is because the rumors and lies that float a week before the draft are extraordinary. There have been rumors that the Buffalo Bills are very high on Paxton Lynch, and the Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman even took him to dinner before his Pro Day. The Bills have only drafted 3 quarterbacks in the past 10 years, and they could use a QB with a big arm. The problem is are the rumors true or a lie to get a team to jump them and draft a quarterback making another player they rate higher fall to them?
Vic Carruci of the Buffalo News said this about drafting a QB with the 19th pick.
Conventional wisdom says the Bills won’t use their first-round draft choice, 19th overall, on a quarterback. It says they’ll address defense, specifically their line. It says they’ll get someone who can rush the passer from the edge or play inside … or do both. All of that makes perfect sense. However, there is one quarterback the Bills might very well consider strongly if he happens to be available when they pick (even if it involves the possibility of trading down to get him): Paxton Lynch of Memphis. He’s widely regarded as the third-best quarterback in the draft after Carson Wentz of North Dakota State and Jared Goff of Cal. And the Bills haven’t been shy about showing their love for the 6-foot-7, 244-pound Lynch, taking him to dinner before the Memphis Pro Day, which offensive coordinator Greg Roman and assistant coach Chris Palmer attended. “They appear legitimately interested,” a source close to Lynch said Monday night. With a big arm and surprising athleticism for his size, there’s a lot to like in this potential future franchise QB.
Do you think the Bills interest in Paxton Lynch is real or a smokescreen?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Predicting a trade: Bills send the Buccaneers a 5th round pick for TE Cameron Brate nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/camero… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Predicting a Trade: Eagles send a 2021 2nd round pick to the Patriots for CB Stephon Gilmore… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:Week 7 Power Rankings, After 7 Weeks Steelers are in the top spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-7… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/v3Vp13HaqF
about 51 mins ago
- I hope they trade Gilmore twitter.com/_chriscurtis/s…
about 55 mins ago
- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Tries to Stop the Sale of the New York Mets ift.tt/3oxhUL7
about 1 hour ago