I have been sitting here all day thinking about Robert Griffin III going to the Browns, and how much it makes sense. The Browns have struggled horribly to find a Franchise quarterback over the past several years, and I think the signing of RG3 may be the best signing of free agency so far.
I was extremely high on RG3 when he came out of college, because he had a rocket of an arm, he could scramble and he was accurate. He displayed this his rookie year taking the Redskins to the playoffs.
Everyone in the Redskins organization loved RG3, including the owner. After a couple injuries, the Redskins had to make a decision and they did. They decided to move on from Griffin and give the keys to Cousins. Cousins led the Redskins to the playoffs last year and the rest is history. Cousins is now the man in Washington, but he was never the man in the owner’s heart, RG3 was.
RG3 was the savior so to say of the Redskins, and now his team in DC is over. So I wanted to know something. What if RG3 took the Browns to the playoffs this year, and led the AFC North? What if he had another year like he did as a rookie and he leads a bad Browns team to the playoffs? Would that make Redskins fans a little mad? Especially if they did not make the playoffs? I think it would, I think it would be the ultimate straw for Jay Gruden as well. Gruden is a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to Quarterback play since he was a quarterback himself. The problem is, if Cousins is not the answer for the Skins, will it cost Gruden his job? I am not sure if Gruden will be out of a job if the Redskins miss the playoffs next year, but if RG3 leads the Browns to the playoffs, and the Redskins miss, I think Gruden is given the pink slip.
What do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:If the Jets lose to the Broncos who are starting Brett Rypien, then Adam Gase should be fired… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- The Deion Effect twitter.com/jacksonstateu/…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago