The New York Jets have put themselves in an interesting position with Mo Wilkerson and they do not have a quarterback. The Jets have been patiently waiting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to come down on his price and now the Jets may be starting to panic. According to Brain Costello of the New York Post, the Jets are actively shopping Mo Wilkerson and one trade partner could be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
There is skepticism around the league as to whether the Jets can find a trade partner who will be willing to surrender the draft picks the Jets are looking for (the starting price surely includes a first-round pick in this year’s draft) and agree to the contract Wilkerson is looking for (more than $50 million guaranteed).
There is a possibility the Jets could try to acquire a player to lessen the draft-pick compensation. With Ryan Fitzpatrick still a free agent, it could make sense for them to target Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon in a deal involving Wilkerson.
If I was the Buccaneers I would make this trade. They can always sign a back-up like Brian Hoyer to James Winston, but you cannot find a Pro Bowl defensive lineman like Wilkerson. I think this is a good deal. What do you think?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- He better step up too. He wanted money they paid him. He has been MIA six games, and his penalty was a huge blow to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Updated 2021 NFL Draft Order; Jets hold the first pick after six weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-dr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago