The Combine is an interesting event, and there are some pretty interesting questions that are asked to the players. Well sometimes coaches and scouts go overboard, and now the Falcons are apologizing because one of their coaches went overboard.
Eli Apple the Ohio State cornerback who is projected as a first round pick, says he was asked some pretty strange questions but the most interesting one had to be from the Falcons. Apple said during an appearance on Comcast SportsNet’s Breakfast On Broad Friday that a Falcons coach asked him if he liked men.
That was crossing the line and today the Falcons offered up an apology for the question via a statement attributed to head coach Dan Quinn.
“I am really disappointed in the question that was asked by one of our coaches,” Quinn said. “I have spoken to the coach that interviewed Eli Apple and explained to him how inappropriate and unprofessional this was. I have reiterated this to the entire coaching staff and I want to apologize to Eli for this even coming up. This is not what the Atlanta Falcons are about and it is not how we are going to conduct ourselves.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Good twitter.com/tmz_sports/sta…
about 7 mins ago
- If you would have asked me who would win tonight I would have said the Ravens. I thought being at home would help. So far it isn’t
about 8 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Coaches Hot Seat: Three head coaches that need to be fired after Week 3 - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/hot-se…
about 29 mins ago