Russell Okung did not want to do things like the rest of the NFL. He wanted to be his own agent. The 28 year old former first round pick, did not want to pay an agent three percent because he did not think it was worth it, and boy did the NFL take advantage of him for it.
According to multiple reports, Russell Okung landed a 5 year deal worth more than 50 million dollars. That was an amazing deal, until you started hearing about how the deal was worked.
Okung basically signed a two part contract. Okung’s deal is basically a one year deal worth 5 million dollars, and if the Broncos pick up the option then the rest of his contract would be a 4 year deal worth 12 million a season. That part sounds good, but the deal is for essentially one year. This gives the Broncos a year to find his replacement and then to kick him to the curb.
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Okung did not receive one dollar in guaranteed money. This is simple folks, you need an agent.
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) | Twitter 47 mins ago – View on Twitter
Former Seahawks’ OT Russell Okung’s 5-year contract with the Denver Broncos contains not one dollar of guaranteed money.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Patriots owner Robert Kraft beat the sex spa case in court; All charges have been dismissed… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Ok Carly! twitter.com/whec_cmascitti…
about 29 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 24, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Dr. Sullivan’s NFL Week 2 Medical Report Part 2 ift.tt/305Ym5H
about 1 hour ago