Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has been dealing with injuries for the past couple seasons, which had him thinking that maybe it was time for him to move on from the NFL. In a recent interview with pastor Matt Chandler of The Village Church in Dallas, Texas to do a podcast, Romo talked about his passion for Golf and how he almost walked away from the NFL to play professionally.
“I was just struggling for about three days. I remember sitting in my hotel room right there and I was so pent up with anxiety and everything was just coming to a head and it was like, ‘I can’t take it.’ It was just so much. My whole life felt like it was on this moment.
“That’s when I sat in bed and I just prayed to the Lord, and this was a very defining moment for me. I was like, ‘If I’m not meant to be the quarterback here or play quarterback in the NFL, that’s fine. Then I’m going to go back and be a really good assistant golf club professional back in Burlington, Wisconsin.’
Romo obviously has football running through his veins, but maybe it is time for the Cowboys to turn to a new quarterback in the draft.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- you never want to blame the refs, but the refs should not be the ones causing the problems twitter.com/Ohio_StateMENT…
about 39 mins ago
- I have a lot of Rams fans on my feed and they have every right to be mad too. I was mad when my team had a fake int… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Bro you know the interception was a bad call too. I agree the PI was weak. The interception was wrong though twitter.com/HoldenCantor/s…
about 41 mins ago
- That was the ugliest football game ever for the Buffalo Bills. You cannot be up 28-3 and damn near lose the game. T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- You cannot let the refs make up the game
about 43 mins ago