There are many players in the 2016 NFL Draft that have major red flags, and the best thing to do at the NFL scouting combine is just tell the truth. Three major defenders all were asked about their off the field issues by media, and all three were very upfront about their situations.
Robert Nkemdiche the projected first round pass rusher was suspended from the Sugar Bowl after he fell out of a hotel window in Atlanta earlier in December. Nkemdiche was charged with marijuana possession, although he released a statement contradicting a report suggesting he was under the influence of synthetic drugs at the time of the hotel incident.
“I was drunk,” Nkemdiche stated Friday at the NFL Combine when discussing the incident. “It was a rash decision. It was embarrassing.”
Washington admitted his arrest for solicitation leading up to the Fiesta Bowl was a bad decision, and apologized. Washington was suspended for the game against Notre Dame.
“I made a really dumb, impulsive decision and had to pay the penalty for it,” Washington said, according to The Columbus Dispatch. “To not end my college career the way I wanted to, that took a big toll on me… That was the first thing that ran through my mind — that maybe my career was over.”
Noah Spence the defensive end/linebacker from Eastern Kentucky admitted that he liked to use drugs. He admitted that he made a mistake and said it is behind him.
“I knew it was coming,” Spencer said. “I’m not tired of answering it, I’m used to it.
“Like anyone who has had a substance abuse problem, (teams are) worried about it. But if it’s behind you, it’s behind you.”
If he was an NFL executive, would Spence view himself as a risky draft pick?
“No, not at all,” he said.
All three are doing the right thing by admitting they have problems. This is the best thing for their stock at this point.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/rD9ICKgM4d
about 32 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PquiL9Pk6K
about 36 mins ago
- Fantasy Football Buy and Sell Advice: Week 4 ift.tt/3n3uMaY
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: D’Eriq King, QB, University of Miami nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/deriq-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 58 mins ago