Today the Los Angeles Rams made some insane decisions. They released three of their best veteran football players. Rams released defensive end Chris Long, linebacker James Laurinaitis and tight end Jared Cook. Head coach Jeff Fisher talked about the moves and boy it must have been a tough decision for him.
“This is the time of year when all NFL teams are faced with difficult decisions regarding their veteran players,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said in a statement.
“Chris and James are the epitome of what it means to be a pro in this league and it’s been an honor to coach them both. They’ve been the pillars of our defense for many years and not enough can be said of their love for the game and for their teammates. Beyond the field, they took pride in mentoring the younger players and doing their part to make a real difference in the St. Louis community. We will always be grateful for James and Chris’ unselfish commitment to the Rams and wish them the best moving forward.
“Jared made an immediate impact when he joined the team in 2013. It’s been a pleasure watching him grow from the time I drafted him in Tennessee to seeing him set franchise records in St. Louis. Like Chris and James, he’s been a mainstay in the community and his contributions are commendable. We hope for the best for Jared and his family as he embarks on the next steps of his career.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Yep, the kid is a beast. He has everything you want in a QB. I am a fan twitter.com/draftguyjimmy/…
about 45 mins ago
- Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Week 3 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for September 26, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- Let’s Go Kyle!!! twitter.com/raiders/status…
about 3 hours ago