The Rooney Rule was put in place for African Americans to get a fair shake in the workplace, and now it sounds like the NFL will make teams interview a female as well.
According to Pro Football Talk, the Commissioner said that the league is going to expand efforts to get more women into executive positions around the league as well. He state it Thursday when speaking at the NFL Women’s Summit, Goodell said that the league will extend the Rooney Rule requirements for interviews with executives to women.
“We have something called the Rooney Rule which requires us to make sure when we have an opening at the team level or the league level that we are going to interview a diverse slate of candidates,” Goodell said. “We are going to make a commitment and we’re going to formalize that we as a league are going to do that for women at all of our executive positions.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Colts are expected to sign TE Ethan Wolf and TE Hale Hentges to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Last Chance:15 year old nephew reportedly the suspect in Miami HS Football Coach Corey Smith’s death… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:Week 2 QB Index, Josh Allen has a huge jump after beating Dolphins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb-ind… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/UZ6VXAoLSz
about 30 mins ago
- Corey Brown, DT, Valdosta State | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/SPFiPyLpORU
about 36 mins ago