Everyone is hoping that LeSean McCoy is hit in the mouth for a fight that occurred in a Philadelphia nightclub with off-duty policy officers. While LeSean McCoy’s attorney is claiming his client did nothing wrong, and the video’s have been released, the DA and the PPD are arguing whether or not to prosecute McCoy because of the actions of the off duty policemen.
“We’re awaiting a decision by the DA’s office,” criminal defense attorney Dennis Cogan told the newspaper on Wednesday. “We trust that they are really taking time to consider all the surrounding circumstances. But I’m here to say and I’m telling you that McCoy did nothing wrong, nothing wrong. And he was sober. The questions will have to be asked about the conditions of other people.”
CSN Philly is reporting that the DA and the Philly Police Department are bumping heads.
According to CSN Philly, tension between the District Attorney’s office and PPD has risen over the last few days because of the delay in charging McCoy and three other men for their alleged role in a fight at Recess Lounge in Old City early on the morning of Feb. 7. Sources told CSNPhilly.com that the D.A.’s office is hesitant to issue warrants because it has questions about the conduct of the officers that evening, including that the officers did not call 9-1-1 during the incident and whether they were drinking to excess.
During an appearance on Philadelphia radio station WIP Friday, Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police president John McNesby accused D.A. Seth Williams of “overthinking” the case.
Williams released a statement defending his handling of the case later on Friday.
“My team and I are continuing to investigate the incident that took place at the Recess Lounge,” Williams said. “Like with all investigations, I don’t comment about what I will or will not do until all of the evidence has been thoroughly reviewed. I understand that people are interested in the outcome of our investigation, but we’re not going to rush because some people are impatient — and to say that I am unwilling to prosecute difficult cases is a little misinformed. … The people of Philadelphia elected me to charge the right people with the right crimes nothing more and nothing less. My only goal is to get it right, not fast. The last thing we need is a rush to judgment.”
Both parties were thrown out the club, which means both parties were involved. It will be interesting to see what happens to McCoy.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Garrett Owens, RB, Duquesne University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/garret… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bfVGArnWWE
about 53 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Greg Brooks, OL, Fayetteville State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/greg-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/NReWUIThNY
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: McLean Robertson, K, Wingate University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/mclean… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Hold on all you do is criticize players, and when your brother gets criticized you get upset? Trying to figure it o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- You see what I mean, imagine if your wife cheated on you and it went public. I’m sorry that is sad. It is funny b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago