Concussions are real in the NFL, and it is a real problem. Legal-Bay LLC, The Lawsuit Settlement Funding Company, announced today that the NFL recently released data that shows a 32% increase in reported concussions in 2015 compared to the last season. The total number of reported concussions in 2014 was 206, whereas it was 271 in 2015. The 271 total is the highest it’s been in the last four year-span in which the NFL released concussion data.
That is not good, so yesterday when Dr. Mitchel Berger, a member of the league’s head, neck and spine committee, repeated the league’s long-held contention that there is no definitive link between football and the degenerative brain decease chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, one person went bananas. That person was Chris Nowinski the executive director of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, who claims the NFL denied Boston University funds to continue to study CTE.
“I don’t know why Dr. Berger would stand here and say those things,” said Nowinski, “other than try to diminish the well-established link between CTE and football.”
When asked whether the NFL was making a good-faith effort to study the effect of concussions, Nowinski said no. He called the league’s decision not to fund a Boston University study — meant to identify ways to diagnose CTE in living people and find a treatment — a “slap-in the face to families suffering through CTE.” Nowinski works with the BU CTE Center, which has identified CTE in more than a 100 former players. The NFL has denied pulling funding for the study.
I honestly think the NFL should fund a program to look into CTE, do you agree?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Former Miami Hurricanes football player Alexander Figueroa has been arrested again for rape… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- I have 4000 Dogecoin, I have sold down to 1000 left. I am going to keep it. I am still at a 1000 dollars right now… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Dogecoin could easily hit a buck. I cannot believe it was over 60 cents today. I bought it for 2 cents. Crazy.
about 48 mins ago
- Last Chance:Arizona High School football player Zyon Anderson is dead at the age of 16 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/zyon-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for May 4, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago