The Cleveland Browns have not ruled out firing Mike Pettine. According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cleveland Browns’ staffers left after a meeting with HC Mike Pettine Friday morning with the feeling like he’ll be fired after the season.
Cabot said Pettine spoke with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam about their coaching staff and was told that a decision wouldn’t be made until after the game. Cabot’s sources ultimately believe Pettine and defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil will both be fired after Sunday’s game. Although, there’s still la chance that offensive coordinator John DeFilippowill be given the opportunity to stay on with the team.
The Browns do need to move on from Jim O’Neil. I am not sure about letting Pettine go. Pettine is a good defensive minded coach, but his defense was horrible in Cleveland. You have to take in account the injuries to their defense as well.
Update: NFL Network’s Rand Getlin reports the “sense in the organization” is Sunday will be Mike Pettine’s last game with the Browns.
“Pettine actually asked him, ‘Have you made a decision about my future?’ And Haslam would not answer, and that essentially ended that meeting,” Rapoport said on NFL Network.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Predicting a trade: Bills send the Buccaneers a 5th round pick for TE Cameron Brate nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/camero… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Predicting a Trade: Eagles send a 2021 2nd round pick to the Patriots for CB Stephon Gilmore… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:Week 7 Power Rankings, After 7 Weeks Steelers are in the top spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-7… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/v3Vp13HaqF
about 59 mins ago
- I hope they trade Gilmore twitter.com/_chriscurtis/s…
about 1 hour ago
- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Tries to Stop the Sale of the New York Mets ift.tt/3oxhUL7
about 1 hour ago