How bad do you want it? Well Charles James II understands how hard it is to make it to the NFL and stick around. Charles James II will end up on the injured reserve, but it wasn’t because he asked for it. According to Bill O’Brien, James showed toughness like no other.
“Charles James, he’s been playing on a fractured foot for over a month,” head coach Bill O’Brien said Monday. “He’s been trying to gut it out and tough it out. He has done that. He’s practiced and played and he’s done a good job. But it was fully fractured yesterday, so at some point this week, he’ll go on IR and we’ll update you on the roster when those things happen.”
The 25-year-old cornerback spent most of the 2014 season on the Texans practice squad and was released after this year’s training camp. Just over one month later, James returned to Houston. He was claimed off waivers on Oct. 19, following his release from the Baltimore Ravens.
James, who saw action as a Texan in nine games with one start, recorded 23 tackles (14 solo) and one pass defensed this season. In a corresponding move the team promoted safety Corey Moore from their practice squad.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Britt Reid is still a free man and we need to step in, A 5 year old girl could have permanent brain damage… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/drink-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago