The Cincinnati Bengals could be headed to the playoffs without Andy Dalton. According to multiple reports, the Bengals starting quarterback is visiting a specialist today regarding a fractured thumb on his throwing hand. The Bengals do have A.J. McCarron as their back-up and they also have Keith Wenning on their practice squad, but the team is already reaching out to quarterbacks according to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
A.J. McCarron becomes the starter and is the only other quarterback on the active roster. The Bengals have reached out to Ryan Mallett and Christian Ponder though no decision by any side has been reached, the source said. Jason Campbell, who was the Bengals’ backup last season, retired last summer and has previously been clear that he’s not interested in a return..
It would be really interesting to see Mallett or Ponder get a shot and lead the Bengals deep in the playoffs, the only problem is McCarron might be their best option at this point.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2020 NFL Expert Picks: Week 7 ift.tt/3mdddUA
about 26 mins ago
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for TNF: New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/3mfZnkz
about 26 mins ago
- Predicting a Trade: Bills send a 4th round pick to the Chargers for DE Melvin Ingram nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/melvin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Predicting a Trade: Indianapolis Colts send a 1st round pick to the Jets for Sam Darnold nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/sam-da…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Predicting a Trade: Baltimore Ravens trade a 2nd round pick for Julio Jones nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago