According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Chicago Bears WR Jalen Saunders has been suspended 10 games for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy again.
Saunders, 22, is a former fourth-round pick of the Jets back in 2014. Since entering the league, Saunders has already played for six teams, so his career hasn’t gotten off to a great start.
The Bears signed Saunders to the practice squad on Sept. 7 and transferred him to the practice squad/injured list on Oct. 6. The New York Jets drafted him in the fourth round out of Oklahoma last year and he was released just one month into the season. He then spent time with the Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints before the season ended.
On Sept. 1, the Saints traded Saunders to the New England Patriots for a conditional draft pick but he was there only four days before joining the Bears, his sixth organization.
The 5-9, 165-pound Saunders is considered a good punt returner but he will have to sit out through Week 6 of the 2016 season before he’s eligible to play again unless the NFL reduces the suspension.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:The BEST QB You’ve Never Heard Of| NDSU QB Trey Lance Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/trey-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Noah Fant Ankle Injury Update; Could the Broncos TE return this week?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Austin Ekeler Hamstring Injury Update; Is Chargers RB gaining progress?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Great cause even better company! twitter.com/26shirts/statu…
about 36 mins ago
- Most EXCITING QB in College Football | Ohio State QB Justin Fields 2019 Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago